Friday, February 8, 2008

Upgrade Night

I joined a MTB team this year. At least in my mind I am a racer on a MTB team...
I had ordered some rollers for my b-day on the 16th of Jan. They were at the shop for about a week now and I finally picked them up at our one night buy night at the Phat Moose (http://phatmoosecycles.com/) . I'm going to give then a try tonight.
I got the aluminum rollers from Cyclops.
http://www.cycle-ops.com/p-334-aluminum-rollers.aspx
I also picked up a few other goodies :). I ordered a Easton EC90 Carbon Flat Bar. Weight is supposed to be 99 grams! My current bar is GT OE Riser bar with 35mm rise and 7 degree bend. I think it may be steel so I should shed a bit of weight with this switch.
I was toying with getting a new fork but my budget is tight this year with some landscaping planned. I cracked and got myself a Fox F100RCL. The price was too good to pass up and I can always re-coupe my money this year if I resell it.
My current fork is a Suntour SR XCR LO, 100 mm of travel with rebound adjust and lock out. The Fox claimed weight of 3.38 lbs should shave a pound or more plus much better performance.
I was having problems shifting with my SRAM X.5 so I ordered a X.7 for a spare and a X.9 to run as the main derailler. MT GT i-Drive is my first bike with SRAM.
Cheers,
Paul

No comments: