Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Second Roller Session

I was tired last night. Still under the weather a bit. I ate late at around 7:30. I was going to go to bed but decided to go measure the pressure in the tires of my road bike I tested on the rollers yesterday. Well I was running about 55psi on the rear and less than 30 psi on the front. No wonder I was having a bit of a tough time keeping speed up even in my low gear.
Max pressure for the tires I have on is 90psi so that is as high as I pumped them up. Of course I had to test them. Sure enough I was able to hold a bit higher gear.
I decided that I may as well do a 15 minute session as this would be better than nothing, even after just eating.
I found that my wrist got very sore very quickly. I had just thrown my seat on yesterday without any measurements. I'll put the new seat on tonight and try place the seat in the proper position. I will take some measurements and start some notes on position so future adjustments should be easier.
I got bold enough to start trying different hand positions. I even did half the session on the tri-bars. At first it was a bit hairy to change positions, and shifting gears was very interesting. I am getting the hang of it though :)
I ended up doing a 20 minutes session even though I was only going to try out the higher pressure in the tires.. I did 8.5 kms averaging 25.5 km/hr. I'll have to throw on the HR monitor next time. I also have a Garmin 305 but the pickup for speed and cadence is on the FS in the shop. Will have to wait to get that back to do some training sessions using the Edge 305.
Cheers,
Paul

No comments: