Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Training on the Rollers

Did a workout on the rollers. Started out with about 10 minutes of easy rolling fiddling around with a few things. This was my first session with my HR monitor on the rollers.
I did another 45 minutes while watching the Sens get SMOKED by the Leafs 5-0. Wasn't the most inspiring thing to work out too ! I averaged 21 km/hr and an average HR of 138 for the 45 minutes. Using the wattage chart from Kreitler I am guess-ti-mating I did about 100 watt average. One of these days I will have to try out a watt meter to see how far off I really am :)
I haven't had a chance to go to the shop to pick up my bike with the GPS wireless pickup for cadence and speed. I just realized that my GPS has workout programs already built into the unit. Its a Forerunner 305. I'll have to try make it to the shop this week. http://phatmoosecycles.com
I am guessing if use the training program from the Garmin Forerunner I should do pretty good for a first year rookie training on my own.
I tried a new seat as well. I am not sure I liked my seat position. I think it was a bit low. Will adjust a bit higher for next session. The seat is a Sell San Marco with carbon steel rails and is the lightest seat I have ever owned. It was not the most comfy but not bad. I haven't ridden really since November so a week or two will be needed to harden up the butt.
Hopefully will get another workout Wed or Thursday.
Cheers,
Paul

No comments: